mixed-font axis labels?

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg716] mixed-font axis labels?
  • From: rutman at mit.edu (rutman)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 09:33:09 -0400

Is there any way to get the AxisLabels option of the plotting commands to
accept a mixed-font argument?  I want a label to be f(alpha), with f( ) in
a normal font and alpha in symbol font.
I know I can print text like this not in a plot, but when I put the
commands to do this after the AxisLabels option it just prints the
commands as literals.
And I know I can play around with positioning different parts of words
manually in the epilog of a plot, but then if you scale the graphics they
get out of whack.

--
I used to drive a Heisenberg Uncertainty car, but I could never
look at the speedometer without getting lost.