Re: Word - Mathematica connection

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg739] Re: Word - Mathematica connection
  • From: OZ014PEN at
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 95 11:12:25 MET

In article <3m4qeo$e47 at>
Richard Mercer <richard at> writes:
>In the latest issue of The Mathematica Journal (vol 5 no 2) there is a brief
>note indicating that WRI is developing an interface between Mathematica and
>Microsoft Word 6.0. The note leaves the impression that version 6.0 is required
>and the interface will not work with earlier versions.
>While the possibility of using Mathematica from within a word processor is very
>interesting. But why select a bloated, undesirable product like Word 6.0?!
>There are many, many Word users who have decided not to "downgrade" to Word
>6.0, and the prospect of paying for 6.0 PLUS the product being prepared by WRI
>is not very appealing.
>Perhaps there are technical reasons why Word 6.0 is the only possibility, but
>otherwise PLEASE consider doing something compatible with Word 5.x or Word
>How do others feel about this?
>Richard Mercer
Hi !!!!
My opinion is that WRI want to use OLE2 interface for "communication" and
only word processor which have relativ good and stabil imlementation of
OLE2 is Word 6.0. I also had chance to install WordPerfect 6.1 for Win and
my experience ISNT good.
Dubravko Penezic
!  Dubravko Penezic                  Email :    oz014pen at     !
!                                               oz014pen at hrzags11.bitnet      !
                                              ! ap450 at!