Default methods within Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg764] Default methods within Mathematica
  • From: bouyer at ext.jussieu.fr (Frederic BOUYER)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 00:55:03 -0400

Dear Netters,

I am a new user of Mathematica on PowerMac and on SGI. I have some
questions about methods used within Mathematica:

1- What is the default method used for the diagonalization of a matrix
(Eingenvalue[], Eigensystem[])?
2- What is the defalut method used within Mathematica for solving N
non-linear equations of N unkown variables (NSolve[])?

Thank you in advance.

Frederic Bouyer

Lab. Electrochimie, ENSCP, Paris
bouyer at ext.jussieu.fr