Good Mathematica book suggestions

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg786] Good Mathematica book suggestions
  • From: ast at chinook.halcyon.com (Andrew Tucker)
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 00:30:52 -0400

I have used Mathematica for my first year Calculus classes and have really
liked it.  I'm looking forward to using it for the rest of the classes
that I get to take to complete my Math degree.

What I'm looking for is some suggestions of books that will help me apply
Mathematica to whatever subject I'm studying.  I have read most of the
text that came with the package, but it is more of a reference/intro and
doesn't get really deep into any subject.

I've seen a ton of books in the bookstore, but I'm looking for reccomendations
of books that you've liked.  Ideally it would be something general enough to
be used for many different subjects and not specific to any single one.
If it covers programming Mathematica, that would be even better, but I'm
assuming I'll need another source for that.

Thanks!

| /*   Andrew  */ | professional programmer, perpetual student, |
| ast at halcyon.com | aspiring compiler engineer                  |