Re: PolarPlot ???

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg805] Re: [mg751] PolarPlot ???
  • From: Anthony Rebello <arebello at knox.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 01:44:27 -0400
On 12 Apr 1995, Seth B. Lipschitz wrote:

> Can someone explain to me how I can plot vectors in polar coordinates
> given the {r and theta} values?  Also, is there a way to attach another
> vector to the end of the first vector that has a different {r and theta}
> value?  Thank you very much.
>
> please respond via e-mail
>
> -seth
> --
>              "My Blood Runs Cold,  My MEMORY has just been sold!"
>               Seth B. Lipschitz      =======>  sbl9404 at is.nyu.edu

Hi Seth,
	There is a very useful package in the standard Wolfram packages
called Graphics`Arrow`

In[14]:= ?Arrow

Arrow[start, finish, (opts)] is a graphics primitive
   representing an arrow starting at start and ending at
   finish.

So Show[Graphics[Arrow[{0,0},{r Cos[theta],r Sin[theta]}]]] will plot the
vector, (r,theta) in polar coordinates and

Show[Graphics[Arrow[{r1 Cos[theta1],r1 Sin[theta1]},
	{r2 Cos[theta2],r2 Sin[theta2]}]]]

will plot the vector (r2,theta2) starting at the point (r1,theta1).

	-Anthony Rebello
	Knox College
	Math Deparetment