Choose/Combination function in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg865] Choose/Combination function in mathematica
  • From: John Walsh <zed at>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 01:37:33 -0400

I have recently being assigned a problem, part of which involves taking 20
numbers (say) and generating all combinations of 7 numbers from them.
The closest thing that I can find to the chose(combination) function in
mathematica is the Permutations[list] function. Is there an easy and efficient
way of doing this in Mathematica or is there a package available
that has a choose(combination) function defined in it?

John Walsh, (zed at  | Make a Jazz noise here ->
Trinity College Dublin.         |