Applying FindRoot to Interpolating Functions

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1897] Applying FindRoot to Interpolating Functions
  • From: adler at acf2.nyu.edu (adler)
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 01:44:40 -0400

Hi,
	I need some help with the Interpolating Function, created
by NDSolve. I am using it to solve two second order coupled ordinary
differential equations. It does so easily and I have no
troble the solutions, x[t] and y[t]. Now I need to find the
first value of t where x[t] == y[t]. I tried to use NRoots and
FindRoot, but they did not work.  I can do the problem by
inspection, looking at where the curves, x[t] vs t and y[t] vs t
intersect, but I am looking for something more accurate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

	Andre Adler

--