Applying FindRoot to Interpolating Functions
- To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
- Subject: [mg1897] Applying FindRoot to Interpolating Functions
- From: adler at acf2.nyu.edu (adler)
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 01:44:40 -0400
- Organization: New York University
I need some help with the Interpolating Function, created
by NDSolve. I am using it to solve two second order coupled ordinary
differential equations. It does so easily and I have no
troble the solutions, x[t] and y[t]. Now I need to find the
first value of t where x[t] == y[t]. I tried to use NRoots and
FindRoot, but they did not work. I can do the problem by
inspection, looking at where the curves, x[t] vs t and y[t] vs t
intersect, but I am looking for something more accurate.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
New York University
Department of Physics
adler at acf2.nyu.edu
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
greek letters in mathematica?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Applying FindRoot to Interpolating Functions