Printing

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1754] Printing
  • From: mworden at neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu (Mike Worden)
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 00:45:43 -0400

OK, so I've got a notebook that generates big lists of plots from input
data files.  There are a variable number of plots (polar list plots) genrerated
from each file.  What I want to do is print them out in such a way that
I get consistently sized plots on the page.  But, I don't want to have
just a single plot per page.  What I'm doing now is using GraphicsArray
and then spitting out to a .ps file with the Display[] commmand.  Works
fine - except that the plots are sized so that they all fit onto a single
page.  This is fine when there are only a few plots, but when a file
generates a large number of plots each plot is unreadably small.  Ideally,
I would like to have a consistent number - say five - of plots per page and
have each plot be the same size.  I'd like to automatically generate a page
break when then number of plots exceeded the desired number/page so that
a table of 15 plots would print out over 3 pages.

Any ideas?  Seems like there's got to be a straight forward way of doing
this in Mathematica w/o having to go in and do all of the calculations
as to table size and file manipulation explicitly.

    __     Mike Worden mworden at neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu
  o/ \\    522 LRDC  University of Pittsburgh
 <\__,\\   Pittsburgh, PA 15260  412 624-7052
  ">   ||  http://neurocog.lrdc.pitt.edu/~mworden
   `   ||  -climb on