Re: passing options to a new graphics function

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg579] Re: [mg549] passing options to a new graphics function
  • From: p.kent at ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 95 13:16:58 GMT

>How do I pass an option to a new graphics function I define?
>For example:
>
>LogLogListPlot[x_List] :=

You can do it this way:

LogLogListPlot[x_List, options___]:=
 ListPlot[ ... , options]

"___" means a sequence of zero or more expressions - read about it
in "the book".

(for clarity, ___ = 3 of _)

Regards, Phillip Kent.

 Dr Phillip Kent                  | Email: p.kent at ic.ac.uk
 Transitional Mathematics Project |
 Mathematics Department           | Tel: +44 (0)171 59 48503
 Imperial College                 | Fax: +44 (0)171 59 48517
 180 Queen's Gate                 |
 London SW7 2BZ                   | Project World-Wide-Web at:
 United Kingdom.                  | http://othello.ma.ic.ac.uk