Re: auto notebook running

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg519] Re: [mg504] auto notebook running
  • From: beau at vision.arc.nasa.gov (Andrew B. Watson)
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 09:32:30 +0800

> 	Does anybody know how to make Mma automatically load and run a
>	notebook upon its startup.
>Ahmed

I have done this. The firts thing is to add the line below to your
.mailcap file in your home directory.

application/mathematica; mathematica %s

You must also add the following line to your .mime.types file in your
home directory (or the system version, whose location I am not sure
of):

application/mathematica ma

There seem to be a few quirks having to do with fonts, if the file was
originally created on a mac and transferred to a sparc. These appear to
be cured by opening the notebook, setting all styles to defaults, and
saving.

Have fun.