Mathematica Programming Reference Recommendation

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg988] Mathematica Programming Reference Recommendation
  • From: dale at pegasus.cuc.ab.ca
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 08:04:46 -0400

I'm looking for a Mathematica programming text and have 3 from which to choose. Does
one go more highly recommended than the others? I would be happy to hear from anyone
that can recommend any of these (or others). I'm quite familiar with general
programming principles, but haven't done any Mathematica programming.

* Richard J. Gaylord, Samuel N. Kamin, and Paul R. Wellin:  Introduction to
Programming with Mathematica
* John W. Gray:  Mastering Mathematica: Programming Methods and Applications
* Roman Maeder:  Programming in Mathematica Second Edition

Thanks,
Dale
---
Dale Brisinda                        Email: brisinda at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Graduate Student                     NeXTmail: dale at pegasus.cuc.ab.ca
Department of Computer Science                    Tel: (403) 220-7687
University of Calgary                             Fax: (403) 281-5242

http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~brisinda/home.html
PGP Public Key: `finger -l brisinda at cpsc.ucalgary.ca'