Re: Troubles with Windows 95

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2414] Re: Troubles with Windows 95
  • From: WOODCW%DFAN at dfmail.usafa.af.mil (CHARLES W. WOOD)
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 16:04:55 -0500

In article <47994b$itv at ralph.vnet.net> hickory at cs.tu-berlin.de (Jan Mauersberger) writes:

>Mathew J. Binkley (binklmj5 at wfu.edu) wrote:
>: Yesterday I installed Mathematica 2.2.4 for Students on my Windows 95 machine
>: (486SX-33 with 8 Megs).  I did the extra "Windows 95" installation bit in
>: the manual (connecting MMLCL16.MLL to the Local Mathlink), but the front end
>: still didn't work.  So I FTP'd the same file from wri.com, and the front
>: end still didn't work.  I then erased Mathematica, and reinstalled it.
>: Nothing.  The Mathematica for Students was the 2.2.4 August 95 CD version.

>: Needless to say, I would be *very* thankful for any help.

>I have similar problems too.
>If i want to evaluate a cell the frontend locks the cell and nothing more
>happens. Maybe there si something wrong with the link protocol?
>I tried the 32 bit version of the protocol but mathematica
>ignored it.

>Any suggestions?

>Thanks in advance, Jan
>--
> __^__                                                         __^__
>( ___ )-------------------------------------------------------( ___ )
> | / |   Jan Mauersberger                     TUB-Berlin       | \ |
>(_____)------------ E-mail:hickory at cs.tu-berlin.de -----------(_____)

Go to mathsource and get 0207-840.  It is an updated .mll file with
instructions for using MMA under Win95.  I haven't had a chance to try it
but have been told this is the answer.

Chuck Wood
USAF Academy, CO
Required disclaimer follows:
"This content in no way reflects the opinions, standards, or policy
of the United States Air Force Academy or the United States
Government."