Re: turn off symbols in MultipleListPlot?

  • Subject: [mg2491] Re: [mg2462] turn off symbols in MultipleListPlot?
  • From: hay%haystack at smc.vnet.net (Allan Hayes)
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 06:57:28 GMT
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com ( )

Mimi Lawrence <lawrencem at arlut.utexas.edu>
in [mg2462] turn off symbols in MultipleListPlot?
(attached)
Wishes to turn off the symbols in MultiplePlot

Mimi:
Here two examples:
Ex1. may be sufficient though it does not actually remove the
points Ex2. removes the points.

<<Graphics`MultipleListPlot`
lst1 = {{0,1},{1,2},{2,-1}};
lst2 = {{0,0},{1.5,2.5},{2,1}};

Ex1. Makes the symbols zero size points (there are default points
built in)

   MultipleListPlot[lst1,lst2,
      PlotJoined ->True,
      DotShapes -> (PointSize[0]&)
   ];

Ex2. Removes the symbols

   Show[MultipleListPlot[lst1,lst2,
      PlotJoined ->True,
      DotShapes -> (Sequence@@{}&),
      DisplayFunction -> Identity
   ]/._Point:>(Sequence@@{}), DisplayFunction ->$DisplayFunction];
(*you could use DeletCases for deleting*)

Explanation of use of DoShapes ->..
Look what happens to ds1 and ds2 in the following: they are used as
a functions and receive the values from the lists lst1 and lst2
respectively: we can make use of this by choosing appropriate ds1
and ds2 (or, as above, a single ds).

   MultipleListPlot[lst1,lst2,
      DotShapes -> {ds1,ds2}
   ]//InputForm

Graphics[{{ds1[{0, 1}], ds1[{1, 2}], ds1[{2, -1}], Point[{0, 1}],
    Point[{1, 2}], Point[{2, -1}]},
   {ds2[{0, 0}], ds2[{1.5, 2.5}], ds2[{2, 1}], Point[{0, 0}],
    Point[{1.5, 2.5}], Point[{2, 1}]}}, {Axes -> Automatic}]

Allan Hayes
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk

 Begin forwarded message: