What do you call "N"?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2120] What do you call "N"?
- From: wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner)
- Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 01:54:11 -0400
- Organization: University of Colorado, Boulder
I'm taking a poll: what do people call the "N" function? What I'm looking for is a verb, something that can be used to replace "apply N to var" with "verb var". I've been using the word "numericalize"; "numerize" has been suggested to me as an alternative. Does anyone have a better suggestion? It would probably be best to e-mail replies and I'll summarize. Dave Wagner Principia Consulting (303) 786-8371 dbwagner at princon.com http://www.princon.com/princon