MathGroup Archive 1995

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

What do you call "N"?

I'm taking a poll:  what do people call the "N" function?
What I'm looking for is a verb, something that can be used to
replace "apply N to var" with "verb var".  I've been using
the word "numericalize"; "numerize" has been suggested to
me as an alternative.  Does anyone have a better suggestion?

It would probably be best to e-mail replies and I'll summarize.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371
		dbwagner at

  • Prev by Date: Plotting
  • Next by Date: Three dimensional countours
  • Previous by thread: Re: What do you call "N"?
  • Next by thread: 4th degree polynomials