What do you call "N"?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2120] What do you call "N"?
  • From: wagner at bullwinkle.cs.Colorado.EDU (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 01:54:11 -0400

I'm taking a poll:  what do people call the "N" function?
What I'm looking for is a verb, something that can be used to
replace "apply N to var" with "verb var".  I've been using
the word "numericalize"; "numerize" has been suggested to
me as an alternative.  Does anyone have a better suggestion?

It would probably be best to e-mail replies and I'll summarize.

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371
		dbwagner at princon.com