Mathematica and Win 95

  • Subject: [mg2161] Mathematica and Win 95
  • From: bbuhler at saims.skidmore.edu (Bruce A. Buhler)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 05:57:59 GMT
  • Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
  • Sender: daemon at wri.com ( )

I'm connected to a basic Novell Ethernet network and I used the Win 95
32-bit TCP/IP stack to connect to it, but whenever I load the TCP/IP
stack, and then try to run Mathematica, as soon as the kernel begins
to load, my system either locks up, or just gets rebooted.  I then
formatted my hard drive and put a fresh copy of Win 95 as well as MMA
(2.2.1 Student Version) on my system and it did the exact same thing.
Now, I'm using DOS drivers to connect to the network and I'm running
16-bit Winsock as my TCP/IP stack.  I was wondering if anyone knew
what's going  on  with my system?  I'm pretty sure the network part is
configured properly (one of the System Administrators set it up for
me).  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance,

Bruce.