Mathematica and Win 95
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2161] Mathematica and Win 95
- From: bbuhler at saims.skidmore.edu (Bruce A. Buhler)
- Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 01:57:59 -0400
- Organization: Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs NY 12866
I'm connected to a basic Novell Ethernet network and I used the Win 95 32-bit TCP/IP stack to connect to it, but whenever I load the TCP/IP stack, and then try to run Mathematica, as soon as the kernel begins to load, my system either locks up, or just gets rebooted. I then formatted my hard drive and put a fresh copy of Win 95 as well as MMA (2.2.1 Student Version) on my system and it did the exact same thing. Now, I'm using DOS drivers to connect to the network and I'm running 16-bit Winsock as my TCP/IP stack. I was wondering if anyone knew what's going on with my system? I'm pretty sure the network part is configured properly (one of the System Administrators set it up for me). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, Bruce.