Re: MMA for finance/econometrics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2081] Re: MMA for finance/econometrics
  • From: "Harry A. Smith" <hasmith at garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 01:12:35 -0400

jlsharrett at vcom.pdial.interpath.com wrote:

>Does anyone know of any books on the subject of
>mathematica used in the areas of financial analysis
>nad economics?
>
>Thanks
>James Sharrett

I have recently purchased: Economic and Financial Modelling with
Mathematica by Hal R. Varian (ed). 1993. TELOS, Springer-Verlag..

I am not an economist so I can't comment on the economics. There are a
number of interesting mma applications with code on disk. The book may me
getting a bit outdated now, but it may be a good place to start. Beware
though, TELOS books are not for the faint of heart and require quite a bit
of background knowledge to properly use them!

Take care

HAS