Performance profiling & monitoring

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg2023] Performance profiling & monitoring
  • From: Bob Young <ryoung at kathmandu.scicomp.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 23:30:15 -0400

Does anyone know of packages for profiling Mathematica code?  I need
to find out where time is being spent in a large system, all written
in Mathematica.  I would be interested in either approaches that
monitor the Mathematica code itself, or Unix based tools that perform
the observations "from the outside."

Thanks for any pointers.

Bob Young
SciComp Inc