help: cooperating MMA to the Web

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3786] help: cooperating MMA to the Web
  • From: u8222015 at cc.nctu.edu.tw (Spencer Yu)
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 23:24:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear friends,
  We are a CAI group in a math department. Can anyone provide help, tips,
  or exchange expreiences about communicating Mathematica to the Web?

  The most crucial problem is to display Mathematica generated PostScript
  plots to the WWW (on the fly). I am not too sure how to do it, should I
  use some utility to do the format conversion (via some unix shell script)
  , or try to interact with the Front End, or do something about Netscape's
  plug-in??
  Thank you very much.

  ps: the utility to conver PS to JPG is unheard of, to me. The only
      thing I know to do such thing is Mathematica's front End's
      "Save as"....

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====