Re: help: cooperating MMA to the Web

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3805] Re: help: cooperating MMA to the Web
  • From: Dr Phillip Kent <p.kent at ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 00:55:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

u8222015 at cc.nctu.edu.tw (Spencer Yu) wrote:

>Dear friends,
>  We are a CAI group in a math department. Can anyone provide help, tips,
>  or exchange expreiences about communicating Mathematica to the Web?
>
>  The most crucial problem is to display Mathematica generated PostScript
>  plots to the WWW (on the fly). I am not too sure how to do it, should I
>  use some utility to do the format conversion (via some unix shell script)
>  , or try to interact with the Front End, or do something about Netscape's
>  plug-in??
>  Thank you very much.
>
>  ps: the utility to conver PS to JPG is unheard of, to me. The only
>      thing I know to do such thing is Mathematica's front End's
>      "Save as"....

Check out the WWWMath discussion group pages at
  http://metric.ma.ic.ac.uk/wwwmath/
or use the alias
  http://www.wolfram.com/WWWMath.html

Converting Mathematica graphics on-the-fly is not hard to do (at least in
Unix!). Look at in particular the item about "mmaeval".

 Dr Phillip Kent                  | tel: +44 (0)171 594 8503
 The METRIC Project               | fax: +44 (0)171 594 8517
 Mathematics Department           |
 Imperial College                 | p.kent at ic.ac.uk
 London SW7 2BZ, U.K.             | http://metric.ma.ic.ac.uk/
   "It's no good waiting for the funny bits" - Aristophanes

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====