Hermite Polynomials of fractional order
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4601] Hermite Polynomials of fractional order
- From: pvfafat at gsbphd5.uchicago.edu (Vijay Fafat)
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 03:25:20 -0400
- Organization: GSB, University of Chicago
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathematica gives values for hermite polynomials even when the order
of the polynomial is a real number. For e.g. HermiteH(0.3,0.4) gives 1.059.
I haven't been able to find what the meaning of fractional Hermite
polynomials in Abramovitz. I have also tried inputing the Hermite
differential equation, both with integer order and with fractional
orders but Mathematica doesn't recognize it as a standard differential
eqn as it does the Bessel equation. Anyone know more about this?
(Mathematica does the same for Legendre polynomials)
==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====
Prev by Date:
Re: Help--which platform to purchase Mathematica for?
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: If statement inside Do loop
Next by thread: