Re: The << command on a Mac???
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5575] Re: The << command on a Mac???
- From: george at mech.seas.upenn.edu ( George Jefferson )
- Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 01:58:54 -0500
- Organization: Mechanical Engineering
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
:> I want to use the Get (<<) command on a Mac with Mathematica 2.2.2. :> It works if my files are in the Mathematica's directory. But if :> they aren't, I don't know how to get them. :> :> On Unix I use this command: :> <<../directory/file.ma : :You should remember that on the Mac OS the "/" separator between :directories is ":". Use e.g. *I* shouldn't have to remeber that. The mac front end should automatically convert.. / to :. Actually I'd expect there to be some way to acomplish that... Related..I'm running a mac front end connected to a unix kernel. The file operators "<<" refer to files on the kernel machine (usually what I want). How do you refer to a file on the front end machine?