Re: Re: The << command on a Mac???

>:You should remember that on the Mac OS the "/" separator between
>:directories is ":". Use e.g.
>
>*I* shouldn't have to remeber that.  The mac front end should
>automatically convert.. / to :.  Actually I'd expect there
>to be some way to acomplish that...

No is shouldn't convert them as the MacOS can accept the "/" as part of a
filename.

>Related..I'm running a mac front end connected to a unix kernel.
>The file operators "<<" refer to files on the kernel machine
>(usually what I want).  How do you refer to a file on the
>front end machine?

If the kernal machine is also a mac, one can use Appletalk to mount the
remote drive. However, I don't have an answer for accessing files thru the
front end. I'd also be interested in the answer.

James Gregurich
  (LSU physics)