Re: What is Mathmatica

Thomas Bates wrote:

>  if I used the program to learn calculus would I have

> learned the subject just as well as if I learned it the old
> fashion way?

That depends upon how you used Mathematica and on what you
mean by "the old fashion way".  If you used a text such as
the (electronic text) _Calculus & Mathematica_,
by Davis, Porta, & Uhl (Addison-Wesley), you might even learn
calculus *better* than if you learned it in a variety of
old-fashioned ways.

--Lou Talman