Re: Re: Re: NIntegrate

CHAN MUN CHOONG (sci20312 at leonis.nus.sg) wrote:

[deleted]

:   Actually NIntegrate uses the adaptive Gauss quadrature method called
: Gauss Kronrod points. At least that's what wri told me the last time.
: Can be very sure that it's better than Simpson's Rule.

On MathSource I searched on ""NIntegrate" and found two interesting documents:

"The N Functions of Mathematica"

and

"Numerical Computation with Mathematica"

They explain quite a few things on NIntegrate (and other routines) that
isn't covered in the Mathematica book, such as, that NIntegrate in fact
uses the mentioned Gauss Kronrod method.

--
Best regards,

  Torben Winther Graversen
  http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~immtwg