How to mutiply a 3x1 and 1x3 vector

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3068] How to mutiply a 3x1 and 1x3 vector
  • From: snichols at onramp.net (Stephen Nichols)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 02:23:49 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wri.com

Hi,

I have another question that I thought would be simple to to in Mathematica.
I have two vectors A={1,2,3} and B={3,4,5}.  How do I multiple them together
to get a 3x3 matrix.  A . B gives me a scalar result.  Mma seems to always
treat the first one as a row vector and the second as a column vector.  I
need it to do the opposite.  Treat the first as a column vector and the second
as a row vector.  Any ideas?

thanks,

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====