Re: Showing Intermidate steps
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg2919] Re: Showing Intermidate steps
- From: wilson figueroa <wfigueroa at mosquito.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 01:10:42 -0500
- Organization: Mosquito Net, Inc.
Leung Hing Chau, Hello, I responded earlier with PowerExpand[expression], but you could also do the following: log[(x_)^n_] := n*log[x] log[x_ y_] := log[x] + log[y] Now, Trace[log[x^2*y*z],log] will show all intermediate steps. Of course you will define all of the rules for logarithms. Note the lower case in log since I don't want to redefine Mathematica's rules (although this wouldn't hurt anything). Hope this solves your problem. Wilson Figueroa wfiguero at mosquito.com ==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====