lost connection to license server

Hi!

Is this a familiar message to someone?

    The kernel "Local" has lost its connection to the license server

Siuation: We have a campus wide license server for Mathematica 2.2.
I installed Mm in /usr/local/math on one machine. Both math and
mathematica (X-Frontend) work fine on this machine. However, on another
machine, which has /usr/local mounted from the first one, math works
fine (i.e. the license for this machine is checked out successfully),
but mathematica comes up with the error message shown before.

Then I reinstalled Mm on the second machine, but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
	Ralf

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====