c code generation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4329] c code generation
  • From: ken at (Ken Klimkowski)
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 00:52:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

	First, I have not yet used Mathematica, but I will be soon.
I would like to know the complexity involved with using
Mathematica to generate source code, and if anyone has generated such
code for computing derivatives of spherical harmonics.

	I am working on a classical mathematical application involving
partial differential equations and the approximation of its solution.
We started with Laplace's equation and used an approximation based on a
variation of spherical harmonics which met our computational needs ( we
have mangled the coefficients for computational reasons.)  Now we are
planning on extending our work to other PDE's by taking derivatives where