help! to input data...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg4204] help! to input data...
- From: tcdoe+ at pitt.edu (todd c. doehring)
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 23:11:23 -0400
- Organization: University of Pittsburgh
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
well, silly me.
I thought i was pretty good at the basics of mathematica, but today i
tried to input some numerical data that was comma delimited. i.e.
it is a large data file (10Mb+) with 5 numbers per line. i can't
convert the commas to tabs easily.
i tried simply using:
data=ReadList["c:\micro.dat", Number, RecordLists->True];
data=ReadList["c:\micro.dat", Number, RecordLists->True,
but all i ever get is the first number and an error such as:
Read::readn: Syntax error reading a real number from c:\micro.dat.
would someone please tell me the best way to input this data file??
it's driving me crazy that i can't figure out something so basic.
==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Running Mathematica 2.1 under Windows95?
Previous by thread:
Re: manipulating expressions
Next by thread:
Re: help! to input data...