Running Mathematica 2.1 under Windows95?

After upgrading my operating system from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95 my
installation of Mathematica 2.1 (Student Version) causes the system to
crash any time loading the kernel.
Is there a possibility to run an elder version of Mathematica or will I
have to upgrade? I would be glad if anybody could help me.

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====