Re: problem exporting numbers to text file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3962] Re: problem exporting numbers to text file
  • From: wagner at motel6.cs.colorado.edu (Dave Wagner)
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 01:46:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <4mjpe5$b4u at dragonfly.wolfram.com>,
James Gregurich <bayou at rouge.phys.lsu.edu> wrote:
>... export a list of numbers to a space
>delimited text file which imported into foxpro. I've run into a problem
>where the row exceeds 80 columns and the line chopped off with a '\' put at
>the end of it. ... I can't figure out how to
>increase the line width.
>
>I've tried
>
>SetOptions[$Output,PageWidth ->Infinity]

You're setting the pagewidth for your screen, not the file.  In order to
do the latter, you have to get a "handle" for the file.  Use
s = OpenWrite[filename, PageWidth->Infinity], and then write the
data using Write[s, expr].  Finally, close the file using Close[s].

		Dave Wagner
		Principia Consulting
		(303) 786-8371
		dbwagner at princon.com