problem exporting numbers to text file

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg3944] problem exporting numbers to text file
  • From: bayou at (James Gregurich)
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 03:32:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am using the following expression to export a list of numbers to a space
delimited text file which imported into foxpro. I've run into a problem
where the row exceeds 80 columns and the line chopped off with a '\' put at
the end of it. Ofcourse, Foxpro chokes on this. I can't figure out how to
increase the line width.

(FitMatrix)),TableDirections->Row]],RootFolder <> "ExptFox.txt"]

I've tried

SetOptions[$Output,PageWidth ->Infinity]

but it makes no difference. I unchecked the 3 pagewidth items in the action
preferences but that made no difference. I'm using the Powermac version.

James Gregurich