problem exporting numbers to text file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3918] problem exporting numbers to text file
  • From: bayou at rouge.phys.lsu.edu (James Gregurich)
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 23:14:18 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am using the following expression to export a list of numbers to a space
delimited text file which imported into foxpro. I've run into a problem
where the row exceeds 80 columns and the line chopped off with a '\' put at
the end of it. Ofcourse, Foxpro chokes on this. I can't figure out how to
increase the line width.

Put[OutputForm[TableForm[({Amplitude,Lslope,Ledge,FortranForm[Rslope],Fortra
nForm[Redge],ParaEcc,ParaX0,ParaY0}/.
(FitMatrix)),TableDirections->Row]],RootFolder <> "ExptFox.txt"]

I've tried

SetOptions[$Output,PageWidth ->Infinity]

but it makes no difference. I unchecked the 3 pagewidth items in the action
preferences but that made no difference. I'm using the Powermac version.

thanks,

James Gregurich

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====