- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5318] Re: [mg5302] ComplexExpand
- From: Sherman Reed <Sherman.Reed at worldnet.att.net>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 01:47:35 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
At 06:44 AM 11/23/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Can anyone explain to me why the following two
>examples behave differently? Thanks.
>Mathematica 2.2 for IBM RISC System/6000
>Copyright 1988-93 Wolfram Research, Inc.
> -- Terminal graphics initialized --
>In:= ComplexExpand[Log[1 / E^x]]
>In:= ComplexExpand[Log[1 / (2 E^x)]]
> 2 E
I get the same result when using 2.2.3 on Pent 166 w/32 mb ram.
however when I do the exercise on 3.0 on Pent 155 w/32 mb ram, I get
which is what I would expect. I cannot explain why, however. I get the same
result on a NeXT using 2.2
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica: Weibull distribution fnc.
Next by Date:
mathematica 3.0 notebook problems?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: