Question PlotVectorField

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg5257] Question PlotVectorField
  • From: "Dr. Sergio Miguel Terrazas Porras" <sterraza at>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 03:34:05 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello mathgroup !
I am having problems with PlotVectorField, when trying to plot
a simple field like the electric field of a point charge.

When I set the option PlotPoints->8 , I get the plot, but for any value
of PlotPoints > 8, the computer crashes completely.
(The default value of PlotPoints is 15 !)
I am running Mma. 2.2 under Windows 95 on a Pentium 100, 16 Mb Ram.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks in advance.

Sergio Terrazas
Juarez, Mexico.