Inverse of Error Function

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg5258] Inverse of Error Function
  • From: gus at (Gustav Louw)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 03:34:06 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm trying to find the inverse of the Error function in MMA.

I tried using InverseFunction, like this...

Out[1]= Erf[z]

But when I tried to find some numerical values i got this ...

In[2]:= % /. z->1 //N

Out[2]= 0.842701

Any help would be appreciated!
Gustav Louw <University of Pretoria, South Africa>