  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4879] Re: About EPS GRAPHIC'S FORMAT
  • From: jvallino at (Joe Vallino)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 22:42:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <51l27m$kk3 at>, cserrat at
>Hello, I have a problem with the graphics generated by Mathematica 2.2 for
>I should be able to copy and paste these graphics in some "drawing" software
>for Windows, to make some retouchings. The problem is that Windows takes the
>copied graphics as Bipmap format, and it appears pretty less pleasing when
>the document is printed.
>I would be grateful if someone could tell some solution or some "drawing"
>Software, able to read EPS format and work with it (I have "Paint Shop Pro",
>which, in principle, can read EPS format; but it changes a lot the
>dimensions an style of the graphics generated by Mathematica -also, I do not
>understand why-).

Get PageDraw for windows at

It is freeware!  It can import and edit adobe illustrator (a version
of postscript i think).  Export Mma graphics as same (either from front end
or by using Display[]).

PageDraw is an extemely good free piece of software!  It can also edit
standard PS, but you have to do a little conversion first.

Joe Vallino