BeOS and MATLAB or Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4857] BeOS and MATLAB or Mathematica
  • From: lewin at (Eric LEWIN)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 22:42:16 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Do you know of any rumors about a potential future release of MATLAB (The
MatWorks, inc.) or of Mathematica (Wolfram Research inc.) for the new
"BeOS" operating system ?

(As far as i know: this BeOS is presently running only on PowerPCs, it is
a multi-threaded multi-processor object-oriented OS, a kind of a new
NeXTstep environment, with the noticeable exception that it works on
readily widely available hardware; apparently very efficient relative to
MacOS and Windows OS's; this looks like Unix/X-Windows with the ease of
use, programming, etc.. of micro-computers. More should be found at
"";. NB: I have nothing to do with "Be inc."; I have just
been very impressed by a demo of BeOS abilities. So... just asking for
future, in case of...-- hum hum! hey, Be guys, will you borrow me one of
your machines, i accept to become a beta tester for scientific
applications :-) --).

=====[   Eric LEWIN - lewin at - IPGP Geochimie  ]=====
= Labo de Geochimie et Cosmochimie / Institut de Physique du Globe =
<>  -  finger lewin at
  ET MAINteNAAANt:   <>    !!!!!
Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire complique'?