package loading via link

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4771] package loading via link
  • From: "Arturas Acus" <acus at>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 13:54:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Mathgroupers,

I have problem in packages loading. I start Mathematica kernel on one
computer (Pentium running Win95 ) and Frontend on another machine (
486 33 MHz running Win 3.11). Then I connect Frontend  to the Kernel.
Everything works perfectly, except that I don't know how to load
packages from 486 computer. When I try to do that, the Kernel looks
for the package in the Pentium machine, because of it's
initialization. May be somebody know trick to work around this problem?
Is this possible at all? I would be very thankful for any help.

                      Arturas Acus
Arturas Acus
Institute of Theoretical
Physics and Astronomy