A Few Questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4762] A Few Questions
  • From: I am *not* John Keats! <sliver at stars.sfsu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 13:54:48 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there everyone

Question 1: Thank you for your help with doing piecewise vector field plots.
            Now I need to know how to do a vector field plot in polar
            coordinates.  Is there something like PolarPlotVectorField?

Question 2: Everyone seems to know all these packages that need to be loaded
            in before they can be used.  They're not mentioned in the Wolfram
            book, at least, not 2nd ed.  How do I learn about these packages
            too?  Is there a book or gopher or ftp or web site that I can get
            a complete listing of all these packages?

Question 3: Maple has a tensor package.  Matlab has a Schwarz-Christoffel
            transformation package.  Does MMA have either of these?

[I have already told Peter about MathTensor. ---moderator]

Last Question: I would appreciate to hear what people think is the best MMA
            book.  The Wolfram book is OK, but I'd prefer something that
            went into more depth and didn't jump around as much (personal
            preference...).

Thanks for making down this far!   :-)

peter

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====