Re: A Few Questions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg4793] Re: A Few Questions
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 23:51:20 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

psalzman at wrote in article
<innclip51c43f$9no at>...

> [ Clipped from: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica ]
> Question 2: Everyone seems to know all these packages that need to be
>             in before they can be used.  They're not mentioned in the
>             book, at least, not 2nd ed.  How do I learn about these
>             too?  Is there a book or gopher or ftp or web site that I can
>             a complete listing of all these packages?

Wolfram Research, Inc. makes available a Technical Report titled "Guide to
Standard Mathematica Packages (Version 2.2)."  It is a complete
of all packages shipped standard with Mathematica 2.2 releases.
individual package source codes and documentation (text files) can be
from MathSource (  The
to this approach is that you must search for each package.
> Question 3: Maple has a tensor package.  Matlab has a Schwarz-Christoffel
>             transformation package.  Does MMA have either of these?

A third-party developer -- MathSolutions, has a tensor package.  You can
additional information at:

P.J. Hinton
Technical Support--Wolfram Research, Inc.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed above are those of the author alone.