Re: quadratic programming

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6753] Re: quadratic programming
  • From: Risto Karjalainen <Risto.Karjalainen at dial.pipex.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 02:53:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You could try using FindMinimum, but then you would also have to embed your
constraints in the objective function with a penalty for violations. I have
solved the problem by creating a mathlink connection to an external program
that then uses a NAG routine to solve the quadratic programming problem.
This gives you much more control about how the optimization is run, what
algorithm to use, etc., but of course requires NAG and a bit programming.

--Risto

David E. Burmaster <deb at Alceon.com> wrote in article
<5iknlo$887 at smc.vnet.net>...