Re: "Null" placed after each axis lable, what did I do wrong?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6163] Re: [mg6153] "Null" placed after each axis lable, what did I do wrong?
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 00:50:04 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Rob Peterson wrote:

> When I do the following Plot3D[], all works fine except
> that each of the axes lables has a "Null" after it.
> Any clues to the source of this silliness would be appreciated.
>
> Plot3D[0.394 r^2 n^2/((9-r/5 l)r +10 l),
> AxesLabel -> {"r, cm","len, cm","L, uH"}]
>
> Rob

have you tried putting in double commas?  Look in the mathematica book
in the part where it gives the special characters for printing tabs and
linefeeds. I would guess that the commas within the quotes are causing
the problems.  You might be able to use some string concatenation
functions to get around this as well.