Re: Mathematica 3.0 printing garbage!

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg6171] Re: [mg6149] Mathematica 3.0 printing garbage!
  • From: mmaa at (Dr. Micheal Mac an Airchinnigh)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 02:52:15 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <5er8fl$7bv at>, mmaa at (Dr. Micheal Mac an
Airchinnigh) wrote:

>In article <5egclt$rqc at>, ssaeed at (Salman Saeed) wrote:
>>    Could someone please help me with this problem. I am printing a notebook
>> on my Alps printer (its like an inkjet) and I get @ and # and all sorts of
>> weird characters. I just did this big assignment and now I cant print it
>> out. Can you please tell me if and how you cured the problem? Are there any
>> special fonts in the fonts folder? cause all I see are my regular fonts.

> I have also had this problem recently, associated with
> the brackets [ and ] and my use of Quaternions.
> It seems to have a risen as a result of
> using either
> Utilities`Notation`
> or the Palettes
> or both in combination.
> I was not able to resolve the problem easily!
> In my case only about 10--15 lines of Mathematica 3.0
> were affected. My solution was to retype them in another
> notebook :-(
 Previous three lines did not work after all.
 Kind person elsewhere on this problem reported
 solution which works.

 Scrap MathFont suitcase and copy MathFont  from CD.

Regards, MMA

To get random signatures put text files into a folder called Random
Signatures into your Preferences folder.