Re: Re: Re EPS files produced by Mathematica 3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5875] Re: [mg5729] Re: Re EPS files produced by Mathematica 3.0
  • From: dfowler at unlinfo.unl.edu (david fowler)
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:31:34 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

THIS HELPED IN MY CASE. I could see the .eps files in Illustrator, but
they would not print [or they were printing to some 'virtual' part of
the page]. This fix, recommended by WRI, solved the problem. [Kind of
a pain to have to do this every time, however....]

David Fowler
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
-------------------------
from WRI:

It's a bug in "Save as EPS". I've done some probing into the
PostScript, and came up with this fix:

1) Open the EPS file in an editor that will allow you to edit the
data but preserve the resource. BBEdit does this -- just edit and
save (not Save As).

2) look for the following lines:

0 Mbottom Mheight neg add 2 mul Mheight add translate
1 -1 scale

3) Change the top line to this:

0 Mbottom Mheight add 0.01 mul Mheight add translate