Re: html

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5968] Re: html
  • From: levasseu at fxbbs.com (Levasseur)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 21:12:13 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>Hello,
>
>           Does anyone understand HTML conversion in MMA 3?  It seems to
>convert all input and output text to Gifs which are small and kind of
>ugly looking.  Graphics have to be converted to Gifs of course but why
>is input and output text converted?  Has anyone found a way to convert
>text to text.  This seems to happen even when in HTML style which,
>however, does not convert headings, centering, bold etc. even though the
>style is defined for HTML?  I have submitted this question to WRI but
>haven't heard anything yet.
>
>Alex Tabarrok
>00ATTabarrok at bsu.edu

I had the same problem and have solved part of it by realizing that input
cells need to be in InputForm.  By setting this to be the default you
get text in HTML conversion.  Outputs are so frequently ugly in InputForm
I've had to live with .gif  images.  As for their size, I"ve posted a
queston about controling their size but have no real solution yet.

Ken Levasseur
UMass Lowell

Ken Levasseur  (return address:  LevasseuK at Woods.UML.Edu)