My keyboard mapping has gone TILT with mathematica 3.0 on my PC

I just installed mathematica 3.0 in Windows 95.  Things seem to work
pretty well EXCEPT when I press the left parenthesis key "(" I get "H"
instead.... also when I press the right parenthesis key ")" I get "L"
instead????!  Can someone please tell me what's going on... THKS