Mma 3.0 Fonts under HPUX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7734] Mma 3.0 Fonts under HPUX
  • From: goedde at cascade.phy.depaul.edu (Chris Goedde)
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 01:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I recently installed Mma 3.0 on my HPUX 10.20 box.  There's a problem
with the type 1 fonts in that xset gives an error when trying to add
their directory to the font path.  Wolfram support said they thought
that the X server doesn't support scalable fonts, but my reading of
the HP manuals seems to indicate that's not true---for example, there
are type 1 fonts in /usr/lib/X11/fonts.  Anyway, does anyone out there
have Mma 3.0 running under HPUX, and if so, any ideas on the problem
or solution?

Thanks,

--
Chris Goedde