Re: Problem with Mathematica Student Addition on Win95 using Kreyszig's example?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7742] Re: [mg7703] Problem with Mathematica Student Addition on Win95 using Kreyszig's example?
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 04:41:17 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> > "hello out there - I am having difficulties in > plotting with Mathematica 3.0 Student Version. The examples in > Kreyszig's > "Advanced Engineering Mathematics" (his mathematica computing > manual) > and in the Mathematica handbook). The examples plot, but with > each point > represented by two pound '#' symbols where each point should be. > These > appear to be displaced slightly + or minus of where the point > should appear. > > I have tried most of the examples in Kreyszig's books and > Wolfram's > mathematica with the same results. Perhaps there is > configuration > problem. > > Would appreciate any suggestions, > -- The only place I have seen the ## symbols for plots is when I am running the kernel in a window separately from the notebook frontend. There should be two icons in your program group that bear the mathematica logo. Try clicking on the other one. You want to run mathematica.exe, not mathkernel.exe.